Rytne Mountain Farm
A historic house with a panoramic view in the middle of mountains, waterfalls and a fiord
182 EUR /Night on average
Rytne is a farm dating back to the Middle Ages, carefully restored to receive guests from the 21st century. Comfort and historical surroundings create a very special and unique accommodation. It is the perfect location to experience Norwegian nature, situated above the fiord Dalsfjorden and at the foot of the mountain Storehesten/Kvamshesten (1209 masl). You can add on a wilderness bath for a romantic evening under the stars - or a "pool party" with friends or family!
- Suite in the main house: King size bed, bathroom in the "Bath house" right by.
- Loft in in the main house: 2 single beds, bathroom in the "Bath house".
- Middle Age suite: Queen size bed, bathroom across the hallway.
- Blue room: Single bed, next to MA suite and share bathroom across the hallway.
- Loft in the bath house: Queen size bed, access by ladder.
- Hiking (many different levels and distances): Storehesten/Kvamshesten (1209 masl), Litlehesten (915 masl) and Bergsheia (630 masl) are popular peaks. The trails are marked with the red T.
- Fishing in the fiord, from land or boat. More than 50 different species of fish is reported to habitate Dalsfjorden!
- Boat rental at Dalsfjord Fiskecamp to see Dalsfjorden and the waterfall Laukelandsfossen.
- Cross country skiing at Langeland (20 min by car).
- For kids: The Fairy Tale Forest above the house, with swings, tiny tree house and a bike track for smaller kids.
- Check out Mitt Lille Kjøkken, https://www.mittlillekjokken.no for delicious take away with local food! The kitchen is only 3 min by away, by car.
- Tønna, the local bar, has sea food buffet every Friday during summer. Table reservation required.
Welcome to Rytne Mountain Farm - I will of course give you a guided tour around the houses and tell you the history of Rytne and Bygstad, all the way from the Viking Age.
No reviews yet
Meet the host
I am Mari, 42 years old, living in the barn of the farm, a barnhouse, with my husband and two small boys. You'll have your privacy in Rytne, but if you need anything I am nearby to help! And of course...